Pages

Tuesday, June 05, 2018

Yes, It's Me

Yes,
it’s me,
the one you’ve been
waiting for
but didn’t know
existed.

Yes,
I loved all
your songs
from the
open mike,
but I was even
more gobsmacked
that music
wasn’t your
first love,
but rather
your photos
that freeze
the truth,
the beauty,
the dream
simultaneously.

Yes,
let’s begin this
long courtship now,
wringing out
every new moment
until the anticipation
builds impossibly,
finally crashing over us
like a tidal wave
of butterfly orgasms
and warm electric pianos,
awakening days later
someplace safe and
alive.

Yes,
I want to consume
every inch of you,
inhale your
singular essence,
melt in
your embrace,
tingle privately
when you
whisper my name.

Yes, we can have
Thai coconut
chicken skewers in bed
and watch re-runs  of
“The Addams Family.”

Yes,
it’s me and
yes,
it’s you,
and yes
yes
yes
yes
a thousand times more

yes.

[Not sure if I understood this prompt, but here goes.]

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I don't know if you are a man or a woman, but this would convince me! What's not to like? I think you understood the assignment perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind words. Even though I am but a man, I love that it wasn't clear - I take that as a statement of universality! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Down, boy. Wait til you find out all her annoying habits. ;-P

    la la

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness! This is swoon worthy, Mosk!

    ReplyDelete