Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Very Inspirational Blogger Award (Amended)


Well, hot diggity dog!  I’ve been nominated for a Very Inspirational Blogger Award!  Thanks to the one and only Amy Jo Sprague, who has the powerful "Difficult Degrees" blog at http://amyjosprague.wordpress.com/!

Her writing is strong, powerful, curative and life-affirming, and I am so grateful to have found it.

So now the rules: thank who nominated you/link to them; write seven things about yourself; choose ten to fifteen blogs you feel deserve this award; and comment on their blog to let them know.  Cheers.

Here's my seven:

1. I was born in Glendale, California on the hottest day of the year in 1963.
2. My first ambition was to be a vaudeville comic, until I learned vaudeville didn't exist anymore.
3. My major in college was theatre, but I eventually earned two degrees in sociology.
4. Haven't had an alcoholic drink since February 10, 1990.
5. Can recite the entire movie "Network."
6. My favorite rock and roll band is the New York Dolls.
7. My religious beliefs are best described as Christian-Humanist-Universalist

Here's 9 Inspiring Blogs:

Shay's Word Garden
whimsygizmo
First Pages
Sharp Little Pencil
The Tashtoo Parlour
Bird's Eye Gemini
Deb's Blog
Daydreamer Too
WaystationOne

18 comments:

  1. Thanks very much for the nomination Mosk, very much appreciated :) And, you are an inspiration yourself !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! I'm in! *dances*

    Congratulations on your award, but much more for #4 on your list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! *dancing also*

      Yes, and #4 is still a temptation as I was going to buy a soda earlier today and I had to pass through the booze aisle and I looked longingly at the vodka, and then caught myself.

      Thanks, Shay!

      Delete
    2. I have done your bidding, Master! *smirk*

      http://fireblossom-wordgarden.blogspot.com/2012/07/7-things.html

      Delete
  3. i would like to thank my mom & dad who made me eat lima beans even when i dont want them, george lucas and steve spielberg, krispy kreme & the academy i never went to...smiles...

    congrats brah...and thanks for thinking of me...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the speeches were like that I'd watch more awards shows. :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for thinking of me, Mosk. Your support means so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for always being so inspiring!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations, Mosk!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There you go...making my day (and you couldn't have picked a better one) There's the power of poetry in action. Your visits and comments alone mean the world, now how can I possibly show proper appreciation for this!? Sending you the biggest and most poetic virtual hug EVER!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love your commitment to using poetry (and all the arts) toward making this a better world. Cheers!-Mosk

      Delete
  7. Anonymous11:43 AM

    Well deserved, Mosk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much, Mosk. YOU inspire curiosity, clear thinking and confidence.
    And today, gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, de! Your dedication, your talent and your perseverance all inspire me.

      Delete
  9. Congratulations! Proud for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks brother...on vacation this week with the fam...but caught you stopping in the morning before we head out to the pool...have a great week!

    ReplyDelete