Pages

Thursday, May 03, 2018

Follow Me

Your lips are missed
as are the long weekends
we spent as one.

Replaying those old songs,
memories come back
stripped of any imperfection.

There was intrigue
in your kiss
and I became dizzy
with the possibilities.

I could spend an hour
holding your hand
and every moment
had the thrill
of finding
an undiscovered river.

Where there was once mystery
building a life together
has brought comfort
so I’m not asking for much,
except this:
slow down our
spinning planet of noisy obligation,
tear pages out of the calendar
and come away with me.

Let the world wonder
where we’ve run off to
because I’m still me
and you’re still you

and I was sent for you.

Follow me
into the deepest
most secret part of our garden
and we’ll find a mystery
as wondrous and exciting
as the first fire.

For D'Verse Poets Open Link Night!

5 comments:

  1. You were born to write songs, D. This is gorgeous.

    This could stand alone as its own poem:

    "I’m not asking for much,
    except this:
    slow down our
    spinning planet of noisy obligation,
    tear pages out of the calendar
    and come away with me"

    ReplyDelete
  2. thrill of finding an undiscovered river.. beautifully said!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this...such a passion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely, and relatable. "...the thrill of finding an undiscovered river", "slow down our spinning planet of noisy obligation", "tear pages out of the calendar". Great poem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is such a sense of youthful expectation in this. Or, more so the youthful faith that all of these things can happen when in love. I especially liked the lines, "slow down our
    spinning planet of noisy obligation," and the closing line as well. Great poem.

    ReplyDelete