Pages

Sunday, November 06, 2016

Protection

"It's rough here, right?

Well,
it could've been worse,
but everyone knows
you're with me,
so they know
not to fuck with you
or else
they have to deal
with me.

This is how it is:
once you learn
the hang of it,
it's pretty easy.

You want some more
toilet wine?
Yeah, it ain't champagne
but it'll get the job done.

The shower help relax you?
Good.

OK, this is it.
Come on.
You know what I want.
Right.
Just relax.
No, relax.

Listen, you want me
to throw you
to the wolves?

I mean it, man.

I'm not fucking around
here.

Get on your knees,
and open your mouth
and make me feel
good.

And if I feel any teeth,
I'll kill you,
bitch."

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:10 PM

    This is AWESOME. Your quotation mark "persona" poems are SO gripping ... and sometimes, hair-g/razing.

    "You know I want."

    Here, I think you mean, "You know what I want."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the edit and also thanks for noticing my "poemonologues." It's a style I work in because I still have a dream that one day I'll have a one-man show on Broadway. I love you enthusiastic support! Mosk

      Delete